Thursday 25 February 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!

I've been pretty quiet over here on the blog, and its not with out good reason. I'm busy launching a very new venture and all will become clear in good time, but its keeping me on my toes. That, plus ELIN LATHEY'S VERY FIRST INDEPENDENT STEPS IN LIFE, and things are pretty manic. I'v now missed two installations of 'the little things', my 365 (although thats 364!) photo project, but don't worry, those photos were taken- just not shared. I'l catch up soon, I promise!

But I'm really here to wish that husband of mine a very happy 26th birthday!

I love you so very much, James. We are so lucky to have you in our lives and you make things amazing for our family. Honestly, I am blessed to call you my husband, and Elin is the luckiest little girl, as she gets to call you Daddy. I hope you have had a lovely day celebrating! Here's to many more years with this family of ours.

Heres a few photos from our day!



Thats an eggy bread, cinnamon and banana sandwich with mapel syrup strawberries. The only thing that makes  a 5 o clock wake up bearable! Your welcome James, don't get too used to it!



Don't mind me, I'm just drivin' my Daddy's truck!





Ever just look at a photo of your baby and it just takes your breath away? I mean, I see her every day, but a camera has the power to freeze time and in these precious photos I fall in love with her all over again. Plus these eyes? Yup, they spell out trouble when she's older!



We had lunch at the trading post, which is a converted train carriage serving ah-maz-zing organic, homegrown food. Sometimes all that floral food leaves you hungry twenty minutes later, but here we get the best most healthy, hearty food, feel full to the brim and don't need to feel guilty either! Plus its so quaint. You cram in on tables sharing with so and so from so and so and its just friendly. We love it. Its got so much charm about it too.




See what I mean about the food? SO good. Plus it feels a little bit cleansing too as it really is that organic, homegrown, gluten free sort of meal. Elin is eating so good these days and loved her humus, bread, beetroot and potato salad! I love that she loves food- a girl after my own heart!




She loves her animals and here she's meeting Mr dog! I can't get enough of her- but she really is looking SO grown up!






We spent the afternoon at the local wildlife park. We're so super lucky to have got membership passes for christmas, and seeing as Elin LOVES her animals we like to spend some time here exploring. Its such a friendly, lovely place. As I mentioned, Elin took those all important first steps. It was so exciting, bringing tears to this mumma's eyes! She's still a little way off running wild, but today was also the first day that she really just wanted to walk, so we went round the entire park like this^. Safe to say, it took a while! and was  a window into future days!

She also learnt 'duck' today which was pretty cool too!




I loved today. It was so wonderful to spend quality family time together, celebrating the birth of the man who changed my world! (God- I am so cringy right now!) Haha! but in all seriousness, we need to try and appreciate the people in our lives as often as possible, and today reminded me of this! 

A final HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my partner in crime. 
The luckiest, oops, I mean LOWLIEST husband ever.

You're now near 30 than 20! Congrats!


No comments:

Post a Comment