Tuesday 24 November 2015

Our wedding day

12th September 2015.

THE DAY WE GOT HITCHED!

*fistpump*
*highfive*
*smoooch*

This week our wedding featured on Rock and Roll bride so you can pop on over and see all the pretty details we obsessed over for so long. I would love to include each and every shot our wonderful photographer provided us with but that would take well into the new year, and as much as I cherish them would perhaps bore everyone else. So here I have decided to share a select few, they ones that made us laugh and made us cry. These probably aren't the most narritive shots I could show but they give a little insight into the day that is really special.




Life as a mother is rarely glamorous! But being a bride for a day really is. Combine the two and you're playing pat-a-cake while having your eyeliner done. I could get used to that!


This face. I'm not proud to admit it came out a few times in the lead up to the wedding. This occasion caught so perfectly was when I learned that James had forgotten an usher-
'He can count to three can't he? I mean, 1, 2, 3, its not that hard! I don't know how I feel marrying a man who can't do that! 1, 2, 3!!' (while holding up three fingers!)


Oh and there's the groom! He may have forgotten to snip the ends of his flowers, but he's still the most handsome man in my eyes!



My favourite part of a wedding ceremony is the grooms face as the bride walks up the isle. This was one if the shots I wanted more than anything. By complete chance it was also the part of a wedding that our good friend wrote a poem about for one of our readings. The first image I love but its the best mans face that really cracks us up! The second shot is something I just adore. Its an expression I've seen on James an many occasions and one it really means a lot seeing it like this.


 Again, this shot is super special for us! My mum walked Elin down the isle and took care of her durign the ceremony. I love the composition of this image as you still see James, my Dad and me too. Elin also ate her order of service, the little monkey!


This capture is so brilliant. It had us laughing so much when we first got the images back! It doesn't even really need a caption except for the fact I love it so so so much!







Me and my Daddy! I didn't realise how special this day would feel between me and him but it really touches me when I look at the images of us two together. It felt even more poignant for James now that we have our own daughter.



Once again Chris pulls out some cracking faces! So thrilled by our photographers knack for timing!


And here's one of our little private moments before the reception began! I've got buckets more to share and talk about but this post really could turn into the length of the Harry Potter series. I'l be sharing a second post depicting our reception too but for now I best go chase my little rugrat! Like I said these don't tell the whole story but they do show a part of it that is very real and special.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment