Friday 29 May 2015

Baby bluebell

When I was pregnant I had all these niave thoughts of dressing our child in the most perfect outfits and taking the most beautiful photos to decorate our home. Now I'm just thankful if there's no sneaky poo stains on Elin 's vests and if my 'burping' shoulder is at least dry, if not stain free. And no one ever tells you how babies really don't care much if you want that picture. Nope, that doesn't matter much in their world! But we still found time (thanks mostly to James) to get some of the photos I know I would regret not taking. It was his patience that led to these of Elin as our little blue bell. 


We were very lucky to have her during a beautiful spring full of gorgeous sunshine so we could really make the most of the outdoors. That helped her jaundice massively too! Thankyou Mr weather man! But from a more frivolous perspective we also took advantage of the countryside which was bursting with life at the time to get some beautiful (in my opinion) shots of our daughter.


I can definitely envisage a series of photos like these throughout the years, for as long as she'll let me, or as long as my mum will keep knitting bluebell hats! Its going to be mad next year taking our little one year old to the same patch and recreating these. I get so excited imagining who she'll become but also sad that that will mean she's no longer this diddy baby.


Taking these really reminded me of this time last year. James had just proposed and we took some cheeky engagement selfies among the bluebells that later became our save the dates. That feels like yesterday and how a whole year (and a pregnancy)  has past is beyond me. We've promised each other that by the time the bluebells come up again next spring we won't have had any more life changing events take place and we can just enjoy the fleeting flowers without documenting some massive development in our lives!


Just as we were packing up and popping Elin in the car seat she decided to show us those amazing eyes of hers. I managed to get this incredible image of just how blue those saucers really are. Instantly I made the decision to dress her in blue more often. Who says its just for boys? Because we were team yellow our whole pregnancy a lot of Elin's clothes are neutral or even leaning more to the boy- I was utterly convinced after all that we were Maximus, not Elin!  Its pretty sad that people see grey or navy and think we must be a boy. Hello? Stop the stereotypes! I do get a bit bored of all the pink too- she's a baby not a marshmallow. Pink is lovely but there's a whole rainbow of colours to enjoy. And this photo made me just love our girl in blue. She's gonna be a heart breaker one day no matter what she wears. Pretty sure her Daddy will be locking her up until she's at least 25, and considering everything I got up to as a teenager I have to agree! Sorry girl!


Have any of you enjoyed the bluebell season and got some lovely photo's to share? I'm so excited for the bluebell walks when we're older and would love to see pictures of yours! It really is a beautiful time to live in the countryside.

Love, Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment